BitchTapes: Heaven, Hell, God, and the Devil
Even those of us with all-but-zero religious upbringing can have a soft spot or two (or even 11, as you can find itemized below) for music on holy and unholy topics—with and without a splash of irony. (I actually sung every Sunday at a drive-in church in Florida in my late teens, but that's another story.) If you too can get into some jams about Jesus or dance to some devilish ditties, here's a mix for you.
- St. Vincent - Jesus Saves, I Spend
- Talking Heads - Heaven
- The Be Good Tanyas - What are They Doing in Heaven Today
- Coco Rosie - Terrible Angels
- John Lennon - God
- Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
- Billie Holiday - That Ole Devil Called Love
- Germs - Lexicon Devil
- Diana Krall - Devil May Care
- Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs - Devil Do
- Bright Eyes - Devil Town
What godly grooves and hellacious tunes would you add to the list?
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!