BitchTapes: Crushin' 90s Style
Seeing as I don't have the dedication to put my heart into upgrading a DeLorean, here's a mix chock full o' 90s tunes about those special tingly feelings. (If you're want to do it right, watch the linked YouTube videos if you want your MTV.)
P.S. Due to the excessive quantity of jams in this vein, I'm sure I've missed quite a few gems. Post your favorites in the comments!
1. Mariah Carey- Fantasy: Tom Tom Club groovin' while you're on a roller coaster. Now, that's what a crush feels like.
2. Semisonic- Singing In My Sleep: The mixtape—a straight shot to your lover's heart.
3. The Wannadies- You and Me Song: The radio in my head has been waking me up with this cute lil' diddy every morning since I started this mix. Bah-ba-bah-ba-bah.
4. Garbage- #1 Crush: Yes, Baz Luhrmann fans—you're right. I did put two solid hits from the Romeo + Juliet's classic soundtrack next to one another.
5. That Dog- Long Island: Similar shirts, reruns on cable, star gazing, and he wrote a song about you? Le sigh.
6. Sponge- Molly (Sixteen Candles): Quite possibly the saddest song of (un)requited on this mix (that is if you read the lyrics in the same way as moi). Helpful Hint: Have Kleenex nearby.
7. Salt-n-Pepa (ft. En Vogue)- Whatta Man: "Never disrespectful 'cause his mama taught him that."
8. Divinyls- I Touch Myself: One-hit wonders make me wanna touch myself. How about you?
9. Gin Blossoms- Hey Jealousy: I'm going to admit it. I've used the "Oh, c'mon. I have to stay here; I can't get home," line as an excuse to make out with an ex. (Yes, you have too.)
10. Lisa Loeb- Stay (I Missed You): Reality Bites—quite often a go-to time killer. Plus, it's the only film I can describe with these three phrases: Janeane Garofalo as a Gap manager, Ben Stiller & a Big Gulp, Ethan Hawke steals a Snickers.
11. Blink 182- Josie: What would guys do without girls like Josie? This song goes out to all of the burrito-lovin' babes.
12. Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag: True Life—I'm a Popular Girl Who's Gone Maiden.
13. Weezer- Buddy Holly: Bonnie & Clyde? More like Buddy & Mary.
14. Eels- Jeannie's Diary: Don't we all just want to be one page?
15. Sophie B. Hawkins- Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover: "Shucks, for me there is no other."
Comments6 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
levelpro pressure transmitter (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Casino Online (not verified)