BitchTapes: Color Mix
This music mix is dedicated to all things colorful.
Red is covered by St. Vincent, amongst others; Blue (for which I could have included about 1000 other songs) is handled by the likes of
Leonard Cohen and Joanna Newsom, Pink is handled by the Mountain Goats, Green by the National, and Grey by Josephine Foster. The lack of color is covered by the Dresden Dolls.
Any suggestions for good purples (besides Purple Haze please) or browns? Perhaps some lavender? Mauve?
Other favorite color tunes?
1. Your Lips Are Red by St. Vincent on Marry Me
2. Red Right Ankle by The Decemberists on Her Majesty
3. This Side of the Blue by Joanna Newsom on The Milk-Eyed Mender
4. Green Rain by Shugo Tokumaru on Exit
5. Big Red Sun Blues by Lucinda Williams on Self Titled
6. John Ave. Seen from the Grey Train by Josephine Foster on All the Leaves are Gone
7. Lake of Pontchartrain by Be Good Tanyas on Blue Horse
8. Green Gloves by The National on Boxer
9. Pink And Blue by The Mountain Goats on All Hail West Texas
10. Famous Blue Raincoat by Leonard Cohen on Songs of Love and Hate
11. Red Vines by Aimee Mann on Bachelor No. 2
12. Red Sea, Black Sea by Shearwater on Palo Santo
13. Colorblind by Dresden Dolls on The Dresden Dolls
14. Pale Green Things by The Mountain Goats on The Sunset Tree
Comments9 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!