BitchTapes: Breakup Mix #3
My friend Nicole and I commiserated over her recent break-up last night. We talked, we ate, we imbibed…..but most importantly, we had a rock-off with YouTube, our mp3 collections, and every break-up song we knew – the good, the bad, the ugly, our favorites, and some must-have suggestions from the rest of the Bitch crew. (Some classics, like Phil Collins' "Against All Odds," were vetoed due to Nicole's sense of pride. I mean, the break-up wasn't that bad!) Before long, we developed a 3rd installation of BitchTapes breakup songs. Without further ado...
1. Cat Power - "Good Woman" Bad timing.
2. The Band - "It Makes No Difference" When you're too tired to care.
3. Blind Pilot - "One Red Thread" ...And a needle to the heart.
4. Sleater-Kinney - "Good Things" Yeah, yeah, yeah, this make's everybody's list. And it's making ours too.
5. Tom Petty - "Feel a Whole Lot Better" aka Good Riddance.
6. Bon Iver - "Skinny Love" Good for break-ups of all proportions.
7. Tori Amos - "Tear in Your Hand" The only question was which Tori Amos song to include…
8. The National - "Sorrow" When you want to stay stuck just a little longer.
9. The Reverend Horton Heat - "Where In The Hell Did You Go With My Toothbrush?" A little lighthearted one, just one, to spice it up.
10. Robyn - "Dancing On My Own" And showing off my new hairdo!
11. Wilco - "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" 'Nuff said.
12. Elliott Smith - "I Didn't Understand" In case you aren't hating on yourself enough already.
13. Billie Holiday - "Good Morning Heartache" Too classic to be ignored.
14. Liz Phair - "Divorce Song" Road trips and break-ups, two things that go great together.
15. Dresden Dolls - "Truce" This one might actually be a little rough to handle if you're actually heartbroken right now. Think about the skip button!
16. Rilo Kiley - "A Man/Me/Then Jim" One song, triple the heartbreak.
Comments11 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
taj-akoben (not verified)
jo (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Will (not verified)
another 315 feminist (not verified)