Bitchtapes: 11 Tracks You May Have Missed in 2011
I've always hated Top Ten of the Year Lists. I just feel like there is some sort of intrinsic hubris involved that comes with definitively declaring "The Best" of anything. Also, who wants to encourage this kind of feedback? But because I've been so busy re-discovering 2011's great catalog, I did want to share some gems that didn't get the radio play Adele did this year. Here's a selection of songs that might have slipped under your radar over the past 12 months (Okay, so maybe Beyoncé's "Countdown" didn't get by you, it's just that I f*king love that song). You know the drill—check out the track list below, and leave your favorite 2011 jams in the comments!
1. Wild Flag – Romance (Wild Flag)
2. St. Vincent – Cruel (Strange Mercy)
3. Jill Scott – Quick (The Light of the Sun)
4. Lydia Loveless – Can't Change Me (Indestructible Machine)
5. Razika – Vondt I Hjertet (Program 91)
6. Nyemiah Supreme – None of Ya Business (Bad mixtape)
7. Mirah feat. Tender Forever – Low Self Control (self-released)
8. Little Jackie – Time of Your Life (Made4tv)
9. Mary J. Blige feat. Diddy and Lil Wayne – Someone to Love Me (My Life II...The Journey Continues, Act I)
10. JB the First Lady – Dear Diary (Get Ready Get Steady Mixtape)
11. Beyoncé – Countdown (4)
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!