Bitch Popaganda: The Cheesy Beefcake Edition
Welcome back to another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in as Mac, Andi, and Kelsey discuss the male objectification in the media, Fox's The New Girl, and the obsolescence of Miss Universe (and beauty pageants in general). Plus, Bitch faves!
Links from this episode:
- "Are We Living in the Golden Age of Male Objectification?" by Joe Reid (Vulture)
- The New Girl (FOX)
- "The Pinup of Williamsburg" by Jada Yuan (New York Magazine)
- Miss Universe 2011 National Costumes (Oh No They Didn't)
- Jill Filipovic's thoughts on Miss Universe (Feministe)
- Intro/outro music by the Texas Tornados
- Andi recommends the oral history I Want My MTV
- Mac urges you to check out the music of Shabazz Palaces
- Kelsey encourages podcast lovers to listen to "How Was Your Week?" with Julie Klausner
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ner456 (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Asliani (not verified)
Jessica Goodman (not verified)