Bitch Popaganda: Siri-ously?! Edition
Welcome back to another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in as we discuss Mormon lifestyle bloggers, the inherent sexism of Siri for iPhone 4s, and Katie Roiphe's latest rage-inducing article for Slate.
Links from this episode:
- "Sister Bloggers: Why So Many Lifestyle Bloggers Happen to Be Mormon" by Nona Willis Aronowitz (GOOD)
- "10 things the iPhone Siri will help you get instead of an abortion" by Megan Carpentier (Raw Story)
- "Siri: Total Misogynist" by Jill Filipovic (Feministe)
- "Back Off, Angry Commenters: Has the Internet unleashed new levels of bile?" by Katie Roiphe (Slate)
- Looking for a winter pastime? Kjerstin suggests watching Twin Peaks on Netflix Instant.
- Love lifestyle blogs? Why not subscribe to an independent lifestyle magazine? Andi recommends UPPERCASE.
- Love holiday music but want to maintain your street cred? Kelsey has the answer: A.V. Club's Holiday Undercover Series. Check out this video of Peter Wolf Crier covering Wham!'s "Last Christmas" if you still need convincing:
You can listen to the podcast right here, or you can subscribe to Bitch Media on iTunes to download it and listen on the go. (The episode is also available at archive.org.) Transcript on the way shortly!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Ms Kitty (not verified)
Mello (not verified)
Edward Nelson (not verified)
Anonymous823 (not verified)
captain sharmie (not verified)