Bitch Popaganda: It's the Water Edition
It's time for another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in this week as Kristin, Ashley, and Kelsey discuss Roseanne's recent article on sexism and TV from New York Magazine and Jane Pratt's new website xoJane—complete with drinking game!
Links from this episode:
The rules for the Water is Boring Drinking Game:
Take a drink:
- For every humblebrag
- Every time Jane name-drops a celebrity
- Every time something benign is called "boring" (e.g., water is boring)
- When a writer uses personal experience as a stand-in for research (e.g., Terry Richardson is cool because he was cool to me)
- Whenever someone proclaims the righteousness of being selfish
- Every time a writer undercuts something serious with fake, bitter snark (Remember: We're looking for a word to describe this phenomenon. Please leave your suggestions in the comments—the winner gets a prize!)
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!