Bitch Popaganda: Cultural Twinkies Edition
Welcome back to another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in as Andi, Kjerstin, and Kelsey discuss Anna Holmes' Washington Post column "Donald Trump's Sexism," eating your cultural vegetables (watching things you don't actually enjoy), and what we're looking forward to this summer at the movies.
Links from this episode:
- "Anna Holmes on Donald Trump's Sexism" via The Washington Post
- Video of Seth Meyers' speech at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- "Eating Your Cultural Vegetables" by Dan Kois via The New York Times
- A summer movie preview slideshow via Zap2it
- The trailer for Everything Must Go that made Kelsey tear up (a little!).
Faves from this episode:
- Kjerstin is watching My So-Called Life on Netflix Instant, and would also like to plug The Rayanne Project from good morning midnight, a blogging project dedicated to discussing "Rayanne as some kind of accessible whitewashed pathway into talking about those 'othered' (through race, class, gender, body, whatever) teen girl experiences that don't get talked about as much"—and they're looking for submissions!)
- Andi is reading three books about music at the moment: Hot Stuff: Disco and the Remaking of American Culture, a biography of Queen, and Out of the Vinyl Deeps by Ellen Willis.
- Kelsey is excited about the Beyoncé remix workout video for the Let's Move! presidential fitness campaign. Check out the video below, where Beyoncé surprises a group of middle schoolers by showing up and doing the choreographed dance with them:
You can listen to the podcast right here, or you can subscribe to Bitch Media on iTunes to download it and listen on the go. (The episode is also available at archive.org.) Transcript available here (.doc).
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!