Bitch Popaganda: Chicks, Flicks, and Retro Pricks Edition
Welcome back to another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in as Julie, Kjerstin, and Kelsey discuss fall TV's "season of the vagina," Mindy Kaling's "Flick Chicks," and the retro sexism of Pan Am and the Playboy Club.
Transcript on the way!
Links from this episode:
- "This Year's Hot TV Trend Is Anatomically Correct" by Bill Carter (New York Times)
- "Literally Douche-y" (Kjerstin's article on the Summer's Eve douche ads mentioned in the first segment)
- "Flick Chicks" by Mindy Kaling (New Yorker)
- Pan Am (ABC)
- The Playboy Club (NBC)
- Kjerstin recommends Adventure Time (Cartoon Network)
- Julie is looking forward to the sixth season of Dexter (Showtime)
- Kelsey is loving "Mo' Free Mo' Fallin'," a Tom Petty + Biggie Smalls mashup that is better than it sounds. Honest. (The White Panda)
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
eva343535 (not verified)
MMS (not verified)
B (not verified)
SayMyNameYouKnowWhoIAm (not verified)
Lee (not verified)