On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Good morning! Here's a list of today's gender-centric news from around all corners for the internet.
- Nonconsensual birth control: Israeli doctors injected Ethiopian immigrants to the state with birth control without telling them, lying and saying the Depo Provera shots were inoculations.
- The British Parliament debates legalizing same-sex marriage today!
- Woop! Obama speaks out about the Boy Scouts' ban on LGBT scouts.
- The trial of the suspects in New Dehli's high-profile fatal gang rape starts today. Meanwhile, what price do rapists need to pay in Saudi Arabia in order to walk free?
- What happens to sex offenders after they get out of prison? Often, restrictive laws mean sex offenders have to all live in pockets of towns.
- A study shows that 75 percent of women say they'd rather get divorced and raise thei kids on their own than be forced to be a housewife.
- Ouch. The New York Times runs a long, tough-to-read piece about a father struggling with his son's "cutting."
- Big week for Lena Dunham, who's on the cover of Entertainment Weekly as the magazine's "It Girl."
- Kiera Knightley, being honest: "My career is on the verge of being ridiculous all the time."
- Tip for the day: Don't call Michelle Obama fat, Especially not in front of your students.
Anything we missed? Add it to the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Didgebaba (not verified)
Ms Kitty (not verified)
Mello (not verified)
Edward Nelson (not verified)
Anonymous823 (not verified)