• Facebook has announced that it will take steps to curb gun trafficking on its site by deleting posts that offer to buy or sell guns without a background check and will block minors from viewing gun listings. Anyone else totally shocked that you could even buy a firearm on Facebook or Instagram in the first place? [Mother Jones]
• Technology is a literal pain in the neck. And the only cure for repetitive stress injury (AKA too much screen time) is the answer no one wants to hear—unplug. [Huffington Post]
• Having a period just got a safer in India. After a decade of work, inventor Arunachalam Muruganantham created a machine that makes sanitary pads at an affordable cost. This is a big deal, given the statistic that 70 percent of all reproductive diseases in India are caused by poor menstrual hygiene. [Slate]
• South Carolina politicians are trying to punish state universities for assigning LGBT-themed books (including Alison Bechdel's Fun Home) as required reading for students. "Faculty, not politicians, ultimately must decide what textbooks are selected," responds the College of Charleston's president. [RH Reality Check]
• In the United States, low-paying service jobs have increased to nearly half of all jobs.This graph on labor projections for 2022 shows I will not be retiring my food-service apron any time soon.Ouch.[The Atlantic]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.