• The Supreme Court passed on hearing any appeal to the New Mexico case of a wedding photographer who refused to shoot a same-sex wedding, leaving intact the charge that the photographer illegally discriminated against the couple. [LA Times]
• Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot were interviewed on the Today show Thursday morning and discussed their time in prison and how the repressive government they live under emboldens their activism. [Salon]
• Brad Pitt’s production company has purchased the film rights to the Steubenville rape case story. The film will reportedly focus on Anonymous, the man facing more jail time than the rapists for hacking police files and breaking the story. No word yet on what role the rape survivor will have in the film. [Think Progress]
Want to support better sex education? Join Bitch on Monday, April 21st at the Doug Fir Lounge in Portland for Babies and Bananas, a fun night of vintage sex ed clips, personal tales from Portlanders about their sex education experiences and a discussion on the state of sex ed today. The event is hosted by She Bop educator Amory Jane and proceeds benefit both Bitch and Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette.
Did we miss something? Tell us about it in the comments!
• A scripted reality show called GAME_JAM was suppose to pit a team of game developers against each other. But instead, the cast joined ranks after the show took a sexist turn and walked out! How cool is that? [TheMarySue]
• I’ve been trying to figure out how to delete an un-deleteable Facebook account for a while, and Bitches Gotta Eat blogger Samantha Irby cracked the code: in all her potty humor genius, she got kicked off FB for talking about farts! [XOJane]
• This week, Bitch is putting together an amazing podcast about the queer music scene in the Northwest and beyond. I'm excited about it! So here’s a brand new video from one of my favorite Seattle bands, Childbirth, from their album It’s a Girl. The video is called “How Do Girls Even Do It?” [Seattle Weekly, Vimeo]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.